Guest Service Gold®: Tourism, Oregon Edition
Oregon’s NEW course is based on the Golden Opportunities curriculum developed by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) that is used to certify a successful participant as a Certified Guest Service Professional (CGSP®) - part of a suite of internationally recognized certifications.
Organizations can earn recognition as a Certified Property, Partner, or Destination if all front-line staff are engaged in this training.
View the video introductory segment:
Oregon is the only state to have its own customized and internationally accredited guest service training curriculum specific to the tourism industry! It is now available online for a special Oregon partner rate of $30 (regularly $58-$85). The curriculum includes:
- Downloadable workbook with practice tests and practical ideas for implementation
- Introduction video with seven true Oregon employee stories that illustrate core concepts
- Diploma and lapel pin for those who successfully pass the test
- Bonus course: TripAdvisor® Reputation Management for Front-Line Staff
Our tourism-focused course features stories of real Oregon hospitality employees and uses their actual service challenge stories to illustrate seven core principles essential to service.
Seven principles and story locations:
- Recovery: Turn it around - (Theory Restaurant at OMSI)
- Personalization: Provide an individualized experience - (Timberline Lodge & Ski Area)
- Knowledge: Be in the know - (Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel)
- Passion: Inspire others - (St. Josef’s Winery)
- Commitment: Be all in - (Portland International Airport)
- Inclusion: Include everyone - (Oregon Convention Center)
- Personality: Be yourself - (Travel Oregon Welcome Center)
The project is a joint collaboration between the Education Foundation of the Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association
and AHLEI, and made possible by the generous sponsorship of Travel Oregon.
Two versions of Guest Service Gold® are currently offered to Oregon’s hospitality industry, both using the same core principles and both available at the special Oregon rate of $30:
- NEW! Guest Service Gold®: Tourism, Oregon Edition is applicable to a broad cross-section of hospitality-related organizations. The stories featured were filmed in Oregon and use local hospitality employees.
- Golden Opportunities uses hotel scenarios from national locations to illustrate its principles and is most applicable for accommodations-based organizations.
Available 24/7 at AHLEI.ORG/Oregon
for $30. Companies can pre-purchase codes for multiple employees by contacting Sue Smith at ORLA. SSmith@OregonRLA.org
For on-site training, contact ORLAEF at 800.462.0619. The minimum fee is $1,000 (includes instructor and 10 course packages; additional participant packages are $30 each).
Wendy Popkin, Executive Director, Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association Education Foundation | WPopkin@oregonrla.org