Oregon ProStart H.S. Culinary Championships
February 16, 2013 | Portland Expo Center, Portland
ProStart students representing 21 schools from around the state competed in the Oregon ProStart High School Culinary Championships presented by Boyds Coffee®. The statewide event showcased the talent and enthusiasm of our future leaders in the industry. Congratulations to Seaside High School's culinary team and good luck at the 2013 National ProStart Invitational!
Several industry members, friends, and family members watched as teams of four created a three-course meal in one hour, using only two butane burners. The results were amazing and showcased students' impressive skills and teamwork. See media coverage of this event and read ORLA's press release. Thank you to all our 2013 Sponsors!
2013 Boyds Coffee Culinary Cup Winners:
- First Place: Seaside High School
- Second Place: South Salem High School
- Third Place: Tualatin High School
- Fourth Place: Bend High School
- Fifth Place: McMinnville High School
2013 Category Awards:
- Best Knife Skills: North Eugene High School
- Best Poultry Fabrication: Seaside High School
- Best Overall Team Work: South Medford High School
2013 ProStart Awards:
- Student of the Year: Miko Umagat, McMinnville High School
- Inspirational Leader of the Year: Alan Joynson, Tillamook Co. Hospitality Program
- ProStart Mentor of the Year: Chris Van Dyke, Umpqua Community College
For more information on how you can participate or support this program, contact Wendy Popkin
, executive director, ORLA Education Foundation, at 503.682.4422.