A Powerful Voice on Key Industry Issues
ORLA's government affairs team
is dedicated to promoting and protecting the food service and lodging industries of Oregon. By advocating for public policies that sustain our industry, and by working on behalf of local businesses, we are the voice of hospitality at the local, state and national levels.
Two restrictive scheduling bills continue in the Oregon House and Senate, placing an urgent need for industry members to step up and contact Legislators. Read more
on significant data reported that illustrates this is damaging legislation.
What you need to know to stay informed and engaged:
Advocacy: We're On Your Side
ORLA is on the front lines advocating for our members to help prevent bad policy, encourage good policy and educate and inform elected officials about the issues and challenges our industry faces.
We strive to inform our members and industry partners news and information that matters – including how and when to contact legislators, and how legislation affects their business and the industry. Through advocacy and leadership, we are committed to providing a strong voice for the Oregon restaurant and lodging industry.
Through ORLAPAC, our political action committee, we promote the election of public officials who support and understand the positive impact our industry has on Oregon's economy.
Whether you're concerned about taxes, minimum wage, tourism promotion dollars, lottery commission rates, or healthcare, rest assured that the ORLA government affairs team is on your side. We're fighting discriminatory taxes aimed only at the hospitality industry and working to stop legislation that burdens restaurant and hotel operations.
Get Involved and Make a Difference!
There are a number of ways to get involved. By taking action on the issues that are important to you and the hospitality industry, you can help make a difference in defending your business’s interests:
• Tell ORLA how policies are affecting your business;
• Contact your state legislators and share with them what's important to your business;
• Testify at a public hearing or attend a city council meeting;
• Alert local media about what matters to you and your business;
• Offer to be a resource to media and policymakers on subjects such as hospitality, food service, lodging, etc.;
• Contribute to ORLA's political action committee (PAC);
• Attend ORLA events; you’ll gain strength in the political process and in business by networking with fellow industry members;
• Join ORLA to stay informed and support both local and statewide advocacy that will benefit your business!
For more information about how you can get engaged on the issues, contact Greg Astley, director of government affairs at 503.682.4422.