A Powerful Voice on Key Industry Issues
ORLA's government affairs team is dedicated to promoting and protecting the foodservice and lodging industries of Oregon. By advocating for public policies that sustain our industry, and by working on behalf of local businesses, we are the voice of hospitality at the local, state and national levels.
ORLA's government affairs team was in Salem daily during the 2015 Legislative session, representing the interests of the hospitality industry. Weekly video updates and emails on advocacy efforts were sent to members during the session; visit our YouTube channel to watch.
> View ORLA's 2015 Legislative Report
> View ORLA's 2015 Bill Tracking (member login required)
Take action! Go to ORLA's advocacy website, ProtectOregonHospitality.org to receive advocacy alerts, track legislation, and contact your legislators. Read more.
Advocacy: We're On Your Side
ORLA's government affairs team is dedicated to promoting and protecting the food service and lodging industries of Oregon. By advocating for public policies that sustain our industry, and by working on behalf of local businesses, we are the voice of hospitality at the local, state and national levels.
Through ORLAPAC, our political action committee, we promote the election of public officials who support and understand the positive impact our industry has on Oregon's economy.
Whether you're concerned about taxes, minimum wage, tourism promotion dollars, lottery commission rates, or healthcare, rest assured that the ORLA government affairs team is on your side. We're fighting discriminatory taxes aimed only at the hospitality industry and working to stop legislation that burdens restaurant and hotel operations.
Additionally, we strive to inform our members and industry partners on what's happening in Salem – including how and when to contact legislators, and how legislation affects their business and the industry. Through advocacy and leadership, we are committed to providing a strong voice for the Oregon restaurant and lodging industry.
Get Involved and Make a Difference!
There are a number of ways to get involved. By taking action on the issues that are important to you and the hospitality industry, you can help make a difference in defending your business’s interests:
• Tell ORLA how policies are affecting your business;
• Contact your state legislators and share with them what's important to your business;
• Testify at a public hearing or attend a city council meeting;
• Alert local media about what matters to you and your business;
• Offer to be a resource to media and policymakers on subjects such as hospitality, food service, lodging, etc.;
• Contribute to ORLA's political action committee (PAC);
• Attend ORLA events; you’ll gain strength in the political process and in business by networking with fellow industry members;
• Join ORLA to stay informed and support both local and statewide advocacy that will benefit your business!
For more information about ORLA's Government Affairs team and industry positions contact Glenda Hamstreet at 503.682.4422.