Lodging Member Benefits
Membership in ORLA means being part of the only organization in the state devoted to protecting and promoting the interests of the hospitality industry. Not only does membership afford you a number of benefits, it also validates the efforts to support our industry.
Protecting your interests.
ORLA deploys one of the most effective government affairs teams working to stop bad policy and support laws intended to help your business succeed. During the 2015 and 2016 Legislative Sessions, ORLA protected the hospitality industry on several fronts. Download the Defending the Hospitality Industry summary illustrating average annual savings for establishments.
ORLA continues to push for measures that foster economic growth and prosperity for our industry and our state.
- ORLA successfully blocked legislation introduced by cities and counties that would have allowed local room taxes to be used for services outside the scope of the law, effectively draining marketing dollars from local promotion efforts.
- ORLA protected tourism investment by helping stop HB 2233 and keeping local government from misusing new and increased lodging tax revenues.
- ORLA helped mitigate the impact of paid sick leave laws and workers' compensation costs.
Regional representatives and other ORLA staff are focused on responding to the needs of our members – right in your own backyard.
- ORLA helped pass a two-year moratorium on local labor laws.
- ORLA is the ONLY statewide association defending your business from unwanted local room tax increases and working as your industry watchdog on legal uses of TRT.
Promoting your business.
ORLA members enjoy enhanced exposure that far exceeds the membership investment.
- ORLA members are afforded an expanded listing online in Places to Stay on the state's award winning tourism site, www.TravelOregon.com at no additional charge ($735 value). This site sees over 2.3 million visitors a year.
- And because we manage the database for the state's travel resource, Official Visitor Guide, as a member you can rest assured you'll be included (email Membership@OregonRLA.org to ensure your information is up to date). See also the Travel Oregon Ad Network.
Group buying power.
ORLA has negotiated group programs designed to help your business reduce costs and eliminate headaches.
- ORLA group programs include Worker's Comp, Property and Liability, credit card processing, HR services, office products and more.
Contact membership for more information.