Restaurant Member Benefits
Membership in ORLA means being part of the only organization in the state devoted to protecting and promoting the interests of the hospitality industry. Not only does membership afford you a number of benefits, it also validates the efforts to support our industry.
Protecting your interests.
ORLA deploys one of the most effective government affairs teams working to stop bad policy and support laws intended to help your business succeed. In 2013, the team tracked more than 400 bills during the legislative session.
- ORLA lobbied successfully to make Oregon the ONLY state that has protection against local and state menu labeling laws for independent businesses.
- ORLA helped win a lawsuit against the US Department of Labor on tip pooling
Regional representatives and other ORLA staff are focused on responding to the needs of our members – right in your own backyard.
- ORLA is the ONLY statewide association defending your business from local meals taxes and other unfair local government revenue schemes targeting our industry.
Group buying power.
ORLA has negotiated group programs designed to help your business reduce costs and eliminate headaches.
- ORLA group programs include Worker's Comp, Property and Liability, credit card processing, office products and more.
Training and development.
ORLA offers industry training you need – including the mandatory Alcohol Server and Food Handler training – valid statewide and available online when you need it.
- ORLA also offers face-to-face training at your business, professional development seminars and national certification training for food safety (ServSafe).
Contact membership for more information.